Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Graduate Services

So I've decided to keep Thursday mornings at the massage school. Thing is, I'm not going to be able to train my clinic manager replacement effectively with only being here 2 days a week. In addition, I won't have to pay for my benefits if I keep over 20 hours a week. The reality of it is that I'm not going to be getting more work at the chiropractor's until my credentialing comes through with American Whole Health, and that won't be until November 1st. Things just seem to be changing so quickly. Anyway, I spoke with my (current) boss yesterday and she said that the only way she could guarantee me 20 hours a week once my replacement started to do clinic management full-time would be to take on graduate services. So, for the time being, my title is "interim graduate services coordinator". In addition, I will still be doing technique evaluations, admissions interviews and assisting in that office, human resources stuff, and doing clinic supervision.

I'm just taking it day by day because I'm hoping my neck and arm will hold out. The steriod shot has done wonders and even though I still experience numbness and muscle weakness in my right hand, the pain has dramatically decreased. In addition, rehearsals start September 23rd and I don't want to be worrying about money during that process. Ly is still looking for a part-time job, and hopefully will be able to secure something. We're also trying to financially plan for me having surgery in the next 5 or 6 months. I don't get sick or vacation time, and so we will have to have some money saved up.

I had a really great Buddhist meeting last night. There's just something about chanting with a group of people that makes it so much more impactful. I also think I have a crush on a cute girl who's about to receive her Gohonzon.

  • For More Info on the Soka Gakkai
  • . Anyway, we shared a gongyo book last night and it was good. It was very good.

    It's finally starting to feel fallish in Seattle. This makes me very happy. I love that fresh, wet rain smell. You can just feel the tiniest bit of chill in the air, and every once in awhile, one can get a vague scent of a fireplace roaring some place off in the distance. I love fall. I love Seattle in the fall. Everything is just so cozy.

    3 comments:

    Missuz J said...

    I can never fully appreciate fall, because I know that my nemisis, that bitch winter, is lurking around the corner.

    I'm not totally sure what I did to my back. It always hurts a little, but I woke up on Sunday in real pain. I need to get in to see Ed, but I also think I'll have an xray.

    Stine said...

    I think an xray would be a good idea. I would also keep ice on it.

    amandak said...

    I love fall too. If it would start to feel fallish here, I would LOVE it, but unfortunately it looks like it's headed into the 90's, AGAIN. I think I lived without real seasons for so long that to feel them change seems like a real special, unique sensation.

    Had a good yoga class last night, sore today, but no rotten headache. I think it's the down dog that's getting me, which sucks. I'm also working the ice pack, it helps a lot.