Monday, August 15, 2005

Back in my saddle again

Ly and I are back from our oh too brief stint on the east coast. I must say that it has been heavenly being away from a computer for that long. I wish there were a way to phone in posts. My other blog has a phone in option but it's for "paid accounts", which mine is not.

The wedding was a delight. Ly and I looked hot as hell. I can hopefully post some pictures as soon as his father sends some by email. Despite the soul-crushing humidity, the reception went off swimmingly. Dancing, drinks, a large buffet, good friends and family made for a lovely evening. Get this, I even sat talking with my father-in-law and some mafia looking muthafucka (a very nice muthafucka to boot) about golf and the physics of golf swings. Who would of thunk it? I hate sports and golf most of all. I guess the 3 greyhounds I had helped me a little bit. During the toasting part of the evening - gotta love those non-Mormon weddings in which people actually can toast - Ly's mother got up and called Amy (my new sister-in-law) and I up to the front and put her arms around us both. She then proceeded to read a tear-jerking paragraph about sons and the women they marry and how lucky she was to have us both as daughter-in-laws. I only found out later that night that the entire first part of her toast was from the latest romance novel she devoured. It was lovely. I spent a good portion of that evening babysitting the newlyweds 3 year old child. We began with some Shrek 2 (I LOVED Antonio Banderas as the little kitty with those sad-sack little eyes) . The little one then went to the I'm-so-tired-I'm-just-crying-and-have-the-dazed-I-don't-know-my-ass-from-my-elbow look and so aunt Stine picked her up in my arms, rocked her and hummed a lullaby for the next 1/2 hour. It put her to sleep though. It is good to know that even though I won't be bearing children of my own, I still haven't lost the touch. All that Mormon upbringing dun taught me gud.

The day after the wedding Ly and I headed off to Mystic Connecticut. His parents bought us two nights at the Hilton for our anniversary. The day after we arrived, we went out to go "do the town", and as we drove through the tourist-infested streets, we realized a few things: first, we were poor, second, the heat was enough to kill small animals, and third, we spend so much time running around like chickens with our heads cut off that all we wanted to do was go buy some vodka and bloody mary mix, swim, order room service, watch cable, smoke the happy, and fuck. So we did just that for the next day. The rents, niece, bro and newly sis-in-law met us the next day to go to the Mystic Aquarium. Dude, sharks are scary. They also had this spider that had a body that I swear to Christ was the size of a large golf ball. It was the Amazonian bird-eating big ass scary fucking spider display. The niece had a blast though and it was so cute watching her react to the various sea-life in front of her. Speaking of sea life (note to all stoners and cable watchers everywhere) the default setting is ALWAYS Animal Planet. At least that's what Ly and I decided.

We then went back to Rhode Island. All in all, Ly and I spent every day but two in the sun and in some sort of water. That said, my legs still only look as normal people's do. They still, only now after all that sun, look as though they have normal leg color. My back, chest and face look pretty tan though. Yay for Seattle legs!

The ride home was a travesty. I will say this, United airlines can kiss my ass. The last two times I flown with them, it has been nothing but trouble from the first moment. I won't go into the gory details, just suffice it to say that I won't be flying with them again.

Currently I am trying to stop sabotaging my matriculation into my life again. Reality is always a bitch to face when one gets back from vacation. I will say this, Ly and I are very seriously considering moving to the east coast within like 5 years. I love Seattle and it will always be my home, but due to a few things that have happened here in the last year, good supportive family out east, and other factors, I think I may be feeling a transition starting. Stayed tuned.

There much more but the mind is willing, the hands are weak. Ta!

7 comments:

amandak said...

Hey baby,

Nice recap. Can't wait for the pics.

OK, back to the ladder. This painting thing is WORK.

Talk soon,
-A

Stine said...

I hope I get to see pics of the painting jobs you've been doing. We need to pick MissuzJ's brain about how to post pics.

amandak said...

Indeed. I am officially a computer tard these days. I think mine hates me.

amandak said...

Hey, love, it's me again. I wanted to ask how callbacks went. So, um, how did they go?

hazel said...

I love hotels. and hotel sex. I haven't been getting enough of either lately.

pictures are very easy. blogger gives you an option - take a look when you log in next. they have a decent amount of info in their help section. basically, you download a lil bit of software, and use it to upload. it's easy peasy, I promise.

Stine said...

I'll have to research the picture thing thanks for the info Patrice.

Stine said...

Callbacks went well. He's going to sit on it for a week though and be very deliberate in his decisions. We talked about it though and I have a good feeling.