Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Big Ol' Poor Me Post

I'm finding I'm becoming increasingly more depressed about my neck and arm issues. I am tired of hearing myself bitch about it and so I KNOW others are. I just am at the end of my rope with this. I now have a fairly constant numb patch on my forearm and daily pain. Some days are worse than others but I am still ending up taking at least one percocet a day. I take them in halfs, but that's still more than I want to be taking them. I'm tired of being a slave to this pain. Well I just got off the phone with the spine doc about this continued numbness in my right arm and he wants me to come in asap. So I'm headed to the hospital presently. Updates soon.

4 comments:

amandak said...

That SUCKS. I'm sorry to hear you're in pain, sweetheart. Let me know what the doc says.

amandak said...

Indigo Girls, "Secure Yourself", was just on. Almost made me jerk a tear. Just gotta love those Indigo Girls.

Stine said...

Almost made me jerk something else. Hey at least the sense of humor is still very dryly in tact.

5 day course of prednisone, some Xanax for the agitation the prednisone will cause and they are trying to move my epidural steroid shot up.

Asked the doc about what surgery would entail, and he said that they would have to go in anteriorly (suck ass) and then basically cut the vertebrae and put a stent in that would keep the space between the vertebrae open. So basically I would have to have two seperate surgeries, one for the vertebrae and one for the thyroid. Ly is currently looking for another part or full time job as I'm looking at the possibility of not working - and that's SCARY!

Mandy, I'm pretty over this. I don't know how we're going to make it.

amandak said...

You'll make it, you always do. I have faith in you both.