Thursday, September 01, 2005

Feeling a bit

blue today. Maybe it's the hurricane and all the images that I've seen in the past few days. Perhaps it's the onset of fall, or maybe it's the disconnect I feel from the September A-listers (if you're really curious as to what I am referring, email me) here in Seattle. There has just been a sense of impending something-or-other in the air lately. Ly called me a tragic event news chaser the other day. I have been thinking about that, and I've come to the conclusion that I watch and listen to the news when things like this happen to put my life in some sort of perspective. There are other thoughts swirling around in my head, but I have to go try and hook up another computer at my new location in the student clinic. I am now over across the street from the main building all by myself. They are trying to squeeze, me, M (the new clinic manager), and the soon to be clinic receptionist at the off-site space. Pretty soon they are going to have to start hanging us from the ceilings.

7 comments:

dasereht said...

I don't have your email address, but I am curious: what are the September A-listers?

I've felt a little out of sorts lately, too. I think the hurricane coverage and feeling of helplessness I get whenever I see the people, especially all of the kids, on TV is getting to me. I imagine it's getting to a lot of people.

Recently discovered you and the Hound through Missuz J. I had decided I was spending a bit too much time online reading blogs and vowed to cut back on my list, but I'm making an exception for the two of you. Hope you're feeling better today.

amandak said...

Hey

Call me

love you

Stine said...

Theresa, first, nice to meet you. Second, you can feel free to email me at stine69@gmail.com and I can tell you all about the A-listers. Because this is a totally open forum, I don't feel comfortable going into detail here, but I'd be happy to by email.

I here you about the hurricane, I just cried and cried this morning at the pictures of all the children. Amandak and I were talking this morning about how it's just so hard to feel so helpless. All I can do is donate what little money I can, pray and keep watch.

And I am very happy that you are making an exception for the Hound and I. I look forward to perusing your blog more thoroughly.

Stine said...

Mandy, love you too. Thanks for the talk today.

Missuz J said...

It's tough to know how to react to the hurricane--at least for me. Maybe I'm so desensitized by all the news and disaster in the world, that I just won't let it all the way in. We donated to the red cross. I read about it in class with my kids and talked about the lack of federal support. When I see the news, and this is hard and embarassing to say, I mostly feel glad that Sophie is here and safe--that I'm not frantically searching for loved ones, or food--that it's far far away.

Stine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stine said...

B - You shouldn't be embarrassed, you are a mother reacting as a mother would.