Tuesday, September 27, 2005

*I* feel like a Corpse Bride

Yes, we saw this movie this weekend. It was nice. It wasn't the animation extravaganza that Nightmare Before Christmas was, but damn if Helena Bonham Carter's puppet wasn't hot as hell. The movie made me wish I still did psychedelics.

Saw my massage girls this weekend. We actually were able to get together at the last minute for dinner on Friday. It was good to see them. I hadn't seen J in 9 or 10 months. Ladies night is a good thing. We had a lovely dinner of chicken parmasan, fresh mozerella, tomato and basil, garlic bread and fresh veggies. Well, and copious amounts of wine. It's funny how fast a group of women can turn into a gaggle of clucking chickens when alcohol is introduced. I guess we've come a long way since our days of getting together for dinners, talking massage and having fart contests in front of our respective husbands. Good times were had by all.

Had a few more clients at the clinic this weekend. I am focusing all my intention on creating more business there. I actually called a company that I knew had the insurance that I'm a provider with, talked to their HR rep and scheduled a meeting to discuss my business, what kind of massage I do, and the possibility of doing chair massage at their business. I had previously sent her some cards, an introduction letter and a gift certificate for a free one hour massage. She seemed very amenable to meeting and discussing a future working relationship. It was my first cold marketing call, and my first actual marketing meeting to be set up. I figure that after 4 years in practice, it's about time. It's scary though and I absolutely HATE marketing. But, if I want any business, it's got to be done. One more month and I should be hooked up with American Whole Health insurance.

Started rehearsal on Sunday. This show is going to be a blast. I had a great time just reading it on Sunday. After we read through it once, C had us get up and stumble through the show and see what we came up with. This is a such a good role. I haven't had this juicy a role since I played Helena in MidSummer's back in 1998. My memorization muscle is definitely getting a work out. The girl playing my younger sister grew up Mormon. Was married in the temple for 10 years, and only recently got divorced and left the church. This should pose some very interesting questions in the following weeks. It should also spurn some lively discussions between us both. She seems to be doing what I did at 22.

I'm excited for A to visit in one month. Some interesting developments have recently surfaced in regards to her trip, but hopefully, things will all work out. I gotta say though A, part of me really wants to make contact with those developments, but that probably wouldn't be a good idea. I wish you could stay for longer. Aside to A: I'm sorry if I got a bit territorial last night, I just see you so infrequently, I have few real female friends here these days, and it just through me for a loop.

Not sure what my job here at the school is going to look like as of next week. I'm "supposed" to be done training M, and after that, I know that I will be filling in for the front desk person two days a week. I'm also supposed to be helping in admissions, but they haven't given me anything to do recently. There are some other nefarious developments on that front, but it's best to not put them online for the world to see. Speaking of, must call Banya today.

Ok, enough rambling. I'm going to go try and get some work done.

3 comments:

amandak said...

No apologies necessary, sweetie. I feel like I am the one who should be apologizing. As for contact, go for it, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't if you want to. It threw me for a loop too, but I think if we stay on the same page, it will all be ok. I love you, and the #1 thing I'm looking forward to in Seattle is BEING WITH YOU. No doubt about it.

Missuz J said...

Hey. Wishing you well with the biz, show, visit, etc.

Stine said...

Thanks B. It was good to talk today A.