Saturday, March 04, 2006

Random quick thoughts

I am currently buried under a pile of billing paperwork nearing a mile high. This is good on the money front. This is bad on my hands. I need a secretary. Anybody willing to trade massage for secretary work? I'm actually kind of serious.

Anyway, needless to say business has TOTALLY picked up. I just need to find a better solution to process all the damn paperwork. I am also currently trying to find a post-surgery baseline for my body. I'm still feeling out how many massages I can do a day, and in a week. I did almost 20 hours last week, and I will have done about 18 by the end of this week. 16 is considered full-time. I had a bit of a breakdown yesterday about my schedule and how my body is/isn't holding up. Dr. E adjusted me though, and gave me a kick-ass pep talk, and I despite being exhausted, I feel a bit better today.

Ly started his rehearsals this past week. My rehearsals are going to start in two weeks. I haven't had the work 2 jobs and go to rehearsal schedule in many moons. It will be nice to be on stage again though.

Speaking of actors, Ly and I saw 8 of the cutest, best, and most cuddly actors in the world last night. We saw 8 Below last night. I swear to God, these dogs were GREAT actors. The nuances those doggies showed in their faces rival anything done by any of the best actor nominees this year. It was a nice catharsis after the day I had yesterday.

As far as my last post, I have still been working on an editorial letter to the major news papers. I am going to post it, as soon as I get enough time to actually work on it. I want to get feedback, additions, changes, editing ideas from anyone willing to give them. I am having a hard time giving the back story, without the letter getting too long. In a nutshell, big hospital gives me care, I have huge bill, they won't accept the amount of money I can pay them each month. Six months ago they sent me to collections for $87.00 that had still not been paid from an old bill (I had been continually making payments). So now that's on my credit report (which Ly and I worked hella hard to make it good). We pay all our bills each month, we just have TONS of them. That's why our credit is/was good, until those bastards sent us to collections. And now, after my surgery, with a much larger balance than before, they are unwilling to accept what I can pay, and want me to pay more each month. I have told them that I have no assets, no car, no house, and that they can't get blood from a stone. I have never NOT paid these people, I just apparently have not paid them what they want each month. The guy in patient account services actually had the audacity to tell me that they aren't a lending institution, and that they are just trying to make ends meet, and keep the lights on.
What in the SAM FUCK is that supposed to mean? Oh you poor multi-million dollar corporation that receives funding, and donations from all over the state. Cry me a fucking river already. So needless to say, I think I have decided to (even if it means Ly and I don't have enough money for other bills) to pay them what they want each month, write my story down, and send it to the papers anyway. I mean this is the hospital that paralyzed my vocal cord and permanently changed my theatrical life. I should have sued their fucking asses off when I had the chance. So anyway, this is why I need to seek legal advice. I need to find out if I have any options of telling them to go fuck themselves. I will still pay the bill, I'm just tired of being called 3 or 4 times a month, harrassed, and treated like some low-life that is dripping heroin from her veins, and not paying her bills.

So that's the story in a nutshell. Anyway, I truly apologize for not being the best blog friend that I can, I'm just swamped out of my mind. I hope you are all well, and I hope to find some time to catch up soon.

4 comments:

~A~ said...

Oh oh oh that is such total f-ing bullshit. I'm so angry for you. I hate how they put people against the wall because they don't get their money as fast as they want. I mean holy shit, they are getting money for services. OMG I can just rant forever.

Hopefully business and your body can stay in good form. Getting back to the theatre will probably do you good, keeping your spirits up and aid in the holistic healing.

Missuz J said...

I hope all those fuck-wads get leprosy of the wiener. Happy to edit/read/make suggestions on your letter.

NME said...

UGH big business health care sucks ass. Keep the lights on. What a jerk.

And they HAVE to have a decent payment plan system - people NEED healthcare that they often can't pay for. GAH. So frustrating.

Glad your getting alot of bookings - that is so those hospital bastards can suck all your money away. Too upset for you to move on.

the beige one said...

not only this, but I sincerely doubt they put this much pressure on people who can afford to pay multi-million dollar bills and yet don't. (such do exist)

word verif: uprowar, 'nuff said.