Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Thank you universe

for the 2 insurance checks, and 6 copay checks I received the very next day after posting my last post. Thank you for the new insurance client I received with burns over half of his upper body that served to give me a whole lot of perspective about life, and remind me of the real reason I do bodywork. I was very humbled to be able to put my hands on his skin and feel gross muscle mass lost, see scar tissue encroaching onto his face, feel the tautness of the scar tissue pull at his skeleton, and realize that if only for a moment, if I can give him one ounce of freedom of movement, relaxation, a clearer sense of what is going on in his body, freedom from his migraines, I will have done my job. Thank you for sending me this perspective, and the reminder that money, is secondary.

Thank you also for the amazing Buddhist meeting last night, where we discussed how the practice has helped someone overcome and manage bipolar disorder, where we talked about the connection between Buddhism and science, where we heard about a multi-millionaire Japanese man who worked in, and cleaned a bathroom in Japan because he wanted to meet, and take care of American members that came to visit the SGI there.

Thank you for the wonderful women I am doing my current show with, who are making this process, considering the topic of the piece, cake. Thank you for the learning that is coming my way in regards to this show.

Thank you for my family, who is going through some very tough times right now with mental health, issues with the safety of my nieces and nephews, emotional and physical exhaustion, and working out their own lives.

Thank you for my husband, without whom, I would be so much less fulfilled, challenged, entertained, and most definitely fucked like a demon.

Thank you for my blogger friends, who despite not being able to keep up with their lives as frequently any more, I think about every day, and wish them all the fulfillment in the world.

Thank you for the opportunity to listen to friends and family members who are in need. Every time I talk to them, I learn something about myself.

Thank you universe, thank you.

7 comments:

lonna said...

Wow all that negative stuff turned around quite quickly and nicely for you. That's great. Worrying about money is such a waste of time and yet most of us have to do it.

NME said...

Thank you for the perspective and for your list of thank yous. I need to mentally do my own.

amandak said...

Gratitude.

Lovely.

~A~ said...

w00t w00t w00t!

Missuz J said...

I read this before the "money can kiss my ass post." So glad that things turned out ok.

Oh--and wOOt too.

Kodi said...

Hooray! There is nothing worse than money worries.
I admire you, you know. I want you to know that, though I only met you once briefly when you came down to visit Missuzj and A. But everything I'd heard about you was justified when I met you. And now, through your blog, I feel almost like a friend. You are pretty damn cool.

Stine said...

Thank you all...the money sitch is slowly but surely improving.