Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Money can kiss my ass

Vent-age ahead, don't read if you don't want to hear me go off...

I'm at a loss. I have only gotten paid for 4 massages since 2/6/06 when I went back to work. Our parents are tapped, about $1200 in bills coming due in the next two weeks. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea where any money is coming from. I am so tired of red-tape bureaucracy, and all the requisite bullshit paperwork involved. And you know what, the big rich companies still win out. Between the insurance companies, the drug companies, the oil companies, this country is going down the shitter. There is only so much time in the day to stay on insurance company's assess between doing massage, rehearsal (I really should have thought twice about the timing of this show), and being self-employed and running a business.

I'm trying to be strong, trying to stay positive and keep things moving in a forward direction, but sometimes, some days, you just want to sit down in a corner, tell the world to fuck off, and cry for 3 days.

The show is good, I like the ladies I'm working with, I still have some trouble with the script - which in some parts, reads like a self-help book on pedophilia/incest/power issues. I think the actresses involved will make it work though(they are all pretty kick ass), I love the director, and think that she is very talented at creating very wonderful images on stage. It will be interesting, at the very least.

Please universe, please send me the money I've made so Ly and I can pay our bills and eat. Please universe, send me my period early so I also don't have to be a raging hormonal succubus while trying to sort all this shit out.

Anybody have any good rice and bean recipes? Lentils? Anyone? Anyone? Cheap and easy, cheap and easy, just like me.

2 comments:

NME said...

Please universe!
I CAN help with the recipe though. My Mom just gave me a recipe for rice and beans.

¼ cup olive oil
1 large onion diced
1 large green pepper chopped
6 large garlic cloves
1 tablespoon dried oregano
3 15 oz cans black beans rinsed and drained
3/4 cup chicken/beef/veg stock
1 ½ tablespoon Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar (optional)

Heat oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, garlic, and oregano. Sauté until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup of beans to the pan. Using the back of a fork coarsely mash the beans. Add the remaining beans, broth, vinegar, and sugar. Simmer on low heat until the mixture thickens stirring occasionally. Season beans with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.

NOTE: If you like "heat" in your beans add a tablespoon of hot chili oil.

~A~ said...

Oh honey, that f*%&$king sucks. I hope you get your money soon.

In the meantime here's my contribution to some inexpensive meals containing rice and beans. You're going to get a little peek at how I cook, I don't use measuring items often, so you'll have to judge what's best.

Wild rice casserole -
*Chicken
*Rice
*Cream of Mushroom soup
*favorite spices (I like Spike)
*and chicken stock if you prefer to cook your rice in stock

Cook up the rice, I throw mine in the rice cooker with some Spike and replace the water with chicken stock.

Cook up the chicken. You can do this anyway you want really. I use boneless skinless chicken breasts and put them in the skillet with a bit of the stock and spices. When it's all cooked cut up in to bite size pieces.

Mix rice, chicken and cream of mushroom soup together. If you have anything else to add in like frozen veggies or maybe some mozzarella cheese do that now. Then bake in the oven at 325 for about 30 minutes, till hot. You can even prep this ahead of time and store in the fridge, cooking time will be a bit longer to bring it up to hotness. And it's freezable. You can make big batches and put in Ziploc freezer bags or containers. Then those nights you and Ly are both super busy you'll have a decent meal already prepped.

........NEXT..........
Take some kidney beans (canned kind for quickness otherwise do the whole soaking bit with dried), salsa and chopped garlic. Toss in a slow cooker and let it all cook together for a few hours. Serve on rice. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm