Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Dates, dates, dates...

So my surgery is going to be January 6th. Doc said I should be out 2 to 4 weeks. Now I have to find nurses, babysitters, and nurses outfits to boot. What's a girl to do?

I feel good about it actually. My new surgeon is a real hardass, at least to his cute little residents. I wouldn't want to be one of them. He was reeming them on how they were taking my history - which granted, is more prolific than most, but still. It was funny, I liked his sarcastic banter. It made me trust him. He said there is a 10% chance of another paralyzed cord, but he said that this was high. I told him I'd rather know exactly, than be surprised like I was last time.

Tomorrow is the tattoo. I've had to take a wee bit of Klonopin to get to sleep the last few nights because I've been nervous. Going to bring the yoga straps to tie my foot down, a pillow for my head, and a really good book for Lyam to read to me CONSTANTLY while the word needle applies to my life.

Just got off IM with my mother. She's a real kick ass gal sometimes, ya know. I love my mother. She won't be able to make it to the surgery, but she's sending some money. She came up for my show, and that meant a lot. Of course this means I need to find REALLY GOOD nurses.

Ok, done now. More billing.

10 comments:

hazel said...

I'm guessing you have no tattoos. I'm here to tell you, it's not going to be that bad. I promise. I hate needles, like I pass out if I know I'm going to be getting one. but tattoos are a totally different story. it looks like a pen, feels like a pen, and you feel totally bad ass while it happens. so try not to psych yourself out! I can't wait to see it when it's done.

amandak said...

Yeah, Patrice, she does have one, so she knows first hand the pain. Stine, you should post a pic of the one you have, then the new one, so we can all be in awe of your super toughness. Tops of both feet, you rule.

As for surgery, I wish I could be there, in a nurse's outfit to boot. ;) There's a slim chance, but I'm not holding my breath.

Love you!

Now it's off to the dentist, yay.

the beige one said...

plus, Stine's a total puss when it comes to pain. Just ask her husband.

(that should get her riled up)

Missuz J said...

Happy tattooing doll! Praying for you and your surgery

NME said...

Tops of your feet? That IS bad ass.

Good luck with the surgery. But obviously a woman who tattoos the tops of her feet can do anything she sets her mind to.

amandak said...

Reading that comment I wrote from before, I'm noticing that the tone might be able to be interpreted as a little bitchy. Sorry! That wasn't how I meant it at all! :\

I just meant to say, that Stine is a badass, that's all!

I don't have ANY tattoos, so I wouldn't know for shit either way.

Stine said...

Yup Patrice, now, I've got one on the tops of both of my feet. I had one on the right foot for the past few years. I just got home from the mandala I got on the top of my left foot. So now I have a pair, yay.

Mandy, as soon as I snatch a digital camera, I'm all over it. And no, you didn't sound bitchy at all.

Hmmm Beige, first of all, kiss my ass. Secondly, I grr'd, I growled, I sang, I yelled a few times, but other than that, I was the epitome of toughness. So there!

Yeah NME, this time wasn't nearly as bad. I've decided that the rule of Stine's life, is whenever needles are involved, lay down. It helped lots. Well that, Ly reading to me constantly, and funny enough, bubble gum.

lonna said...

I love the idea of someone reading to you while you get tattooed. What a great idea.

I don't have much to say about the surgery except that I hope it goes well. I have had three surgeries now (tonsils, gall bladder, and c-section), and my life has been better after all of them. I hope the same is true for you.

Kodi said...

I have had WAY too many surgeries in my life, though I wouldn't be alive today if I hadn't, so there you go. I can give blood like a pro now.
I would think a tattoo on the foot would tickle. Did it?

Stine said...

No Kodi, no tickle. I think tickle would actually be the farthest thing away from what it felt like.