Sunday, December 11, 2005

36 is a good year for Stines

Happy Birthday to my dark birthday twin.

It has been a birthday extravaganza this year. I feel very lucky. It started out Thursday with me getting my tattoo on the top of my left foot. I am working on getting access to a digital camera so I can post pics. Didn't suck as much as the first time, but it still made me scream, swear, and sing loudly. I've decided though, the rule for my life, if needles are involved, I lay down. That, and a big bubble gum ball, and I took it like a big hairy man. The tattoo is so purty though.

Friday night after work, Ly takes me to see The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. We come home, and I think we're just going to get happy, and watch an episode of Six Feet Under (we're making our way through the series). We start to come down the stairs to where our apartment door is, and Ly coughs really loudly as we approach our door. I'm like, hmmm....ponderous. We walk in the door and it's dark in the living room, and so I think, cool, we're just going to watch the movie, chill and then go to bed. We come around the corner and someone turns the light on and there are like 18 people in my living room yelling "Surprise!" to me. I think I choked on the mint I was downing. Anyway, it was a lovely party, the exact right people were there, it was just the right atmosphere, and I had a fabulous, silly, and goofy time. Thank you SO much to everyone who contributed for the tattoo and the party. It really rocked my world. And thank you SO SO much to my darling Hound. The surprises and the planning were the best gifts ever. Mouh!

So I worked all day yesterday, and after work, we had scheduled a holiday dinner with all of the ladies at the chiropractor's office, and their SO's. So Ly met me at work and we went two doors down to a lovely little Italian restaurant on Eastlake. Ly had some killer gnocchi with Italian sausage and shittake mushrooms (yummy!), and I had some linguini carbonara. Can't go wrong with bacon and cream on your birthday I say. My ass agrees. So after dinner we are all having nice conversation and then I hear the first refrains of "Happy Birthday". It didn't even hit me until our waiter brings over a lighted cheesecake as the restaurant sings. It was very cool.

So I am sitting here today on my actual birthday, after 3 days of having my birthday, ready to relax, chant, exercise, read - and probably, because I'm me, do some billing and laundry (but not much).

Anyway, Happy Birthday my dark twin, and to those other Vagittarians out there (you know who you are).

6 comments:

rob said...

Happiest of happys to you, doll! You get a belated b-day drink from me the next time I sees ya.

BTW - Check your cwrubs email for the invite to Christmas bowling.

blow jobs...

r

fin...

lonna said...

Happy Birthday my fellow sagitarian rooster! What a great weekend for your birthday. A killer tatoo, a nice party, and special people. That's awesome.

amandak said...

Hey sweetness! Glad to year your birthday celebrations were so fabulous. It was exciting to be in on the planning, even from a distance. That's one good boy you got there. (lubya, ly!) Can't wait to see the tattoo.

hazel said...

happpy happppppy happy! late, but still.

sorry to assume you'd not been inked before. I can be a dumbass. I can't wait to see pictures.

surprise parties are so much fun! glad you had a great one.

Missuz J said...

Happy birthday darlin'. Sorry I didn't give you a shout on your actual bday. So glad you had such a great few days of celebration.

Stine said...

It's all good P. No worries B, I hear you've had things on your mind.