Friday, October 28, 2005

Good times and bum times...I've seen them all...

and my dear...I'm still here. God I love that song.

Sitting here waiting for my next client to arrive. I just got a massage from the other massage therapist that works at the chiropractor's. She's quite good. It was nice to see the differences in our styles. She is much more acupressure/shiatsu/stretching/deep tissue tracing, and I am much more myofascial/ slow probing cross fiber friction/craniosacral/deep tissue sheering/structural integration/injury. All I can say is thank God I got a massage on opening night because I am NERVOUS as hell. I mean last night, at preview, I started to really get into my drunk scene, went up on a line, and proceeded to cover by drinking more and burping and nearly knocking the set down. I guess in retrospect it was funny, but it felt like "that" dream that actors have where they can't remember their lines and the silences last for YEARS. We/I recovered, but damn it scared the beejeezus outta me. But, (knock on wood) you know what they say, a crappy dress rehearsal/preview, and a good opening night. My fingers crossed, and cries of breaking tits abound.

It's gonna be great, I just can't wait until the party afterwards, then I will have done it with people in front of me, and the rest will be cake. It's a kick-ass group of actors though. I haven't been in a cast this tight and well-honed for a long, long time. Even though their have been some interpersonal problems with the production, I do have to give one shout out to the director by saying, "Thank you for the best acting opportunity of my life."

Ok, off to try and nap before my next client.

And Stine, the line is, "There's nothing wrong with your wife Mike..."

4 comments:

rob said...

Word.

Break shit doll.

r

fin...

Missuz J said...

Break all the legs in the land baby!

the beige one said...

how'd the rest of the weekend go?

Stine said...

Thanks all. The rest of the weekend went ok. Houses were sparse. We had press there two nights. So far it's been the Weekly and the Times. Hopefully next weekend will prove more fruitful. I think it will considering this is a big review town. (Knock on wood by all means.)