Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Anniversary plans, and various other asundry volleys

So the hound and I finally have our anniversary plans secured. And before I tell you where we are going and what we are doing, I should mention that we have never been on a vacation that hasn't involved friends or family members. We are going to be disappearing to The Swan in Port Townsend, Washington. I think the name of our hotel is quite apropos considering Ly just got done playing one. I just found out from my friend E who is here working with me, that An Officer and a Gentleman was filmed in Port Townsend. Who knew?

So let's see, the past week has been spent working, and on about 3 or 4 sunny days, lounging by the pool at our apartment complex. Even though our pool has a slight "Motel 6 back in the 60's" feel, they refinished the pool tiles, drained it a few times, and it's been good to go.

My Buddhist friend R went to the UK for almost 2 weeks. Before she left, she asked me if I wouldn't mind borrowing her car for that time. I'm like, uhm...wait a minute...I need to really think about this...

HELL JAH!

So we've had a car for the past week, and will have it until next Monday. My body SO needs a car. It's been so nice to not have to drag my little roller bag of sheets to the chiropractor's each week. Although, note to Stine and Ly, when buying your own car - leg room, and more importantly head room of utmost importance. Little cars are not made for cervically impaired (thank you Eileen) Amazon girls.

In other travelling news, I think Ly and I have also finally decided that one way or another, we will be able to go to Albuquerque for Thanksgiving to visit Ms. Krause. This of course, makes me giddy. Yoga classes, turkey, chilling, breezy drives, playing with the kidlets, all sounds delightful. So I am very excited about that.

Universe, please tell the massage people to send me my money. K?

I also wish Ly would tell about his Buddhist news.

4 comments:

amandak said...

Woo Hoo!!!

Can't wait!

Also, yay for anniversary trips and 4 wheeled transportation.

Ly has Buddhist news?

NME said...

The Swan looks really lovely. And so does regular access to a pool. I'm jealous on both fronts.

We bought a car a couple of years ago that is really too small for Mark - just not enough leg room for all 6 foot 4 of him. After long drives he gets really stiff. So yes, roominess is important.

And YEAH NM! You guys will have a great time.

thelyamhound said...

OK, folks, I responded to the "Buddhist news" goad over on my own blog. Happy?

Stine said...

Nice serve A. He knows I told you.

NME, I had no idea your hubby was 6'4. Impressive.