Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Scrub the Liver & Play with Mandy

So I'm doing a liver cleanse starting on Monday night after Mandy leaves. Ms. Krause will be visiting our neck of the woods this weekend, and I'm tickled purple about it.

I pick Mandy up from the airport tomorrow at noon. We're then going to go to the Always Chiropractic where she will fill out paperwork, get scanned, and most likely get an adjustment. I'm also giving her a massage tomorrow. Saturday we're heading to Olympus spa for a day of relaxation, naked splendor, and one of the hard core body scrubs. I never knew that labia (is the plural labii?) could be scrubbed. We're then going to see Lyam's show. And if you haven't seen it yet, you can read one review Here, and bug Ly for any other review links. Then Sunday we're going to play, and perhaps go see Pan's Labyrinth. Somewhere in there, we're probably going to go see the BODIES exhibit again. It will be peachy.

As to this liver cleanse. It will be for 3 weeks starting the moment Amanda gets on the plane back home. I will be able to eat, protein shakes, some various herbs, as many of these veggies as I want (collard greens, dandelion greens, mixed greens, mustard greens, red, yellow, and green peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach carrots, cucumbers, celery, radishes, kale, broccoli, swiss chard, brussels sprouts, asparagus, cabbage, artichokes, red beets), and 1/2 as many of these fruits (apples, oranges, bananas, grapes, berries, melons, tomatoes). I can also add in 2 cups of organic brown rice a day, 1 or 2 organic eggs, and/or 1 to 2 3 ounce portions of lean organic chicken or fish. I will also be drinking a shitload of water, and stepping up my exercising.

In preparation for this, so my body doesn't go into total shock, I've already eliminated sugar, dairy, bread, alcohol, most caffeine, and a lot of salt. I will most likely cheat, a little bit, while Mandy is here, but I still want it to be a fairly smooth transition into eating NOTHING that satisfies me. But I will tell you, I already feel a ton different just eliminating the above things over the past two weeks. I mean can we talk poop here? I pooped like 6 times yesterday. I don't know the last time I pooped 6 times in a day. I will say though, I've taken to turning off the sound for those late night Taco Bell commercials with all the MEAT and CHEESE in them. In the last few days, I have had moments of wanting a cheeseburger so bad I can feel my teeth swim. And if you had asked me at the time, I would have been fairly sure I could commit bodily harm to someone to get a cheeseburger.

It's gonna be good though. I'm excited to see what my body feels like all squeeky clean. I'm excited to have more energy, to figure out and feel what baseline is in my body. I found out the other day that the stomach contains more receptors for emotion than the brain does. I think that's fascinating. And also, by slowing integrating food back into my life after this is over, I can tell what things I may or may not be allergic to. I fear one of them may be dairy. I don't drink cow's milk, and I do very little butter. My big weakness: CHEESE. It's quite simply, the most tasty food on the planet, other than lobster.

My hiaku to cheese:

Cheese is so tasty
But it makes me feel pasty
I won't be hasty

(I know they aren't necessarily supposed to rhyme, but ah well.)

Burgers, cheesey chips, and ketchup, oh my, burgers, cheesey chips, and ketchup, oh my...burgers...cheesey...ch...oh....no....

7 comments:

Missuz J said...

I know you guys will have an amazing time. (Although, frankly, I don't know how keen I'd be on having my labia scrubbed.)

Some day I will cleanse my liver, but today, I think I'll have a cheeseburger instead.

~A~ said...

I hope you're having a wonderful time with your visitor. :)

And thank you very little for reminding me that it's been a very very very long time since I did any cleanse. Maybe after I get my CT results I'll start one. But as of now, caffeine and my wines are the only thing that are keeping me from going suicidal. Or was that homicidal. Anyway, they're keeping Death at bay and that's a good thing.

xoxo

Oh, and how long is Bodies still going on for. Can I get away with taking Elfboy if I walk fast?

Stine said...

B - Enjoy that cheeseburger for me, k?

A - I think they said BODIES will be here until April, I'd call and check to make sure though. I think you could totally do it with the Elf. My friend and I were through there in an hour or less. Some of the displays might prove a touching temptation, but hey, I had to overcome that as well.

~A~ said...

I have a hard time with the no touch too. ;)

Christine said...

Off topic: I adore your photo on your page! Your hair is so nice! :D

Second: Have a wonderful time with Mandy! I hope it is a great and relaxing time for both of you.

Third: I'm doing a cleanse too, lol!

Fourth: Miss you very much!

Miss Kris said...

Please post about how the cleanse goes. I was pondering doing it but totally chickened out. Did you go see Pan's Labyrinth? We saw it on Saturday and loved it! I hope you had a great time this weekend with Mandy. And do tell how they scrub your labia...I am quite curious.

keda said...

i scrubbed my labia the last time i tried to do a home bikini wax unfunnily enough.

and cheese. sigh. well yes.

and do you have time to poo 6 times a day? scary.

have fun sweetie. oh i forgot, no cheese. have as much fun as you can have minus the yellow nectar.
and congrats on josie. :)