Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Computer woah, woah, woahs

As I sit here, my CD drive keeps opening and closing by itself, at different intervals. It would seem to be possessed, or just trying to ask for something. But I'm not sure how to respond. Ideas?

In addition, my damn blog roll has seen better days. It doesn't seem to be updating, again. I mean, I go away, things are fine, all settings on blogroll are good to go. I come back, and wallah, the whole thing's down the shitter. What gives?

Meanwhile, Ly and I saw Mission Impossible III the other day. Gotta give JJ props, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman was a great bad guy. Ving Rhames was hilarious, Jonathan Rhys Meyers was a sleek pumpkin of a thing. The girls were ok, Keri Russell was good, albeit in a brief stay sort of way. Very actiony goodness, Cruise is the same rippling lunatic he's always been, only worse because of the crazy shit he's pulled in the last little while. Megalomania anyone? Saw the trailer for Nacho Libre, after which I needed a bib. Wow is all I can say.

(the time is 4:19 pm)

and...............wait for it.....

continue...

I've decided that the character I'd play in an action movie, would be the big trucker girl in flannel. She'd go out and rescue all the people in the burning cars, after the missiles had attacked the freeway - or something like that.

Damnit, stop it you stupid CD drive...it's starting to freak me out, man.

* Edited to say that the blogroll is now functional.

3 comments:

Miss Kris said...

That was happening to my CD drive one time. I forget how I got it to stop. I think it just stopped on it's own but the dependability of it was iffy after that.

PSH is the only reason why I want to see MI III.

amandak said...

See, I always saw you as the hot dominatrix-type bad guy kicking some serious ass. Come to think of it, that image just gets better when it's Tom Cruise's ass being kicked.

Thanks for listening to me rant yesterday, you're the best!

lonna said...

I've only had the cd drives that you can't get to open, not the kind that opens by itself.

blogroll is kind of dicey. It can go down for no good reason. It's not very reliable. I still use it, but it can get frustrating.

If I were in an action movie - actually I wouldn't be in an action movie. I'm too lazy:)