Wednesday, September 20, 2006

De Do Do Do De Da Da Da

Or so my new ringtone says. So many things going on right now. I'm going to ramble, continue at your own risk.

So speaking of ringtones, Ly and I got new cell phones yesterday. Well, I got a new one, and Ly got one for the first time. He's needed one for so long now. It will be nice to call him at the store and say, "yo, we need some chicken too." The convenience of that vision tastes sweet on my tongue. If that makes me a cheap whore, so be it. Speaking of being a cheap whore, I also bought a new printer (one that will handle more than one piece of paper at a time - what WAS I thinking?), a 4 drawer file drawer with a lock, so that all my files will fit in one file and the feng shui of my office/bedroom will clear the hell up already.

And finally, to top of my spending SPREE of yesterday(seems so far away now), I bought 2 plane tickets to ALBUQUERQUE, NM. Yes folks, 2 tickets to visit the KRAUSE HOUSE for a week during Thanksgiving. Can I get a hallelujah? I need to get. out. of. dodge. again. It is time to fly the coup and go see my bitch and her little kidlets. Ly gets to come this time (he was needfully absent last trip - as to who's need, I'll leave up to your imagination). It's going to be a martial arts/yoga/bodywork FESTIVAL. I'm very excited to geek out with my girl, cook good food, spend time with the kids, see some more of NM, and just chill.

So what precipitated this spending spree you ask? Well, I wake up two days ago, to an email in my inbox. It's from Capitol One. It says something along the lines of:

Mr. and Mrs. White (I HATE being called Mrs. White), due to your excellent payment history, we've increased your limit by XXXX dollars each year. Thank you for your continued support, blah, blah, blah. Or in other words:

Your dangerously close to paying off your credit card and we must keep you hooked into a Capitolist system that, in the end, produces only waste products. Wait, I thought I was in Beige's blog for a second, sorry. :)

The increased limit was a blessing, really. We were able to go to NM without too much bill shuffling, I'm getting some office equipment that will make billing easier, increase my output, and decrease the time I use my hands. So, yay all around.

Finally, a client of mine came in the other day. She and her partner are planning on adopting a child. They found this organization that does not discrimate based on race, gender, sexual orientation or income. It's a foster to permanent placement program. There is a one time ceritification fee. You then go through the certification process, you're apartment/house is certified. You take classes for 8 weeks...and in the end, the adoption fee is a very small percentage of your annual income. My client was telling me it's closer to 4 numbers, instead of the 5 I was thinking. So this makes me incredibly happy. I just feel more comfortable knowing there are organizations out there who work with a vast array of people.

edited to add:

Ly, you better tell people soon about your magazine writing gig

4 comments:

amandak said...

WOO HOO!!!

I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait!!!

Send me your itinerary when you get it, just so I can have flight numbers and such. We'll discuss other details soon.

And again... WOO HOO!!!

JJisafool said...

Well, I know about his magazine writing gig.

And, goodin's for you, and happy to feel your happiness.

Missuz J said...

Happy happy for all!

Glad to read all the good news.

NME said...

Yay for new exciting stuff. Yay for a trip to NM to see Mandy and the kids. And thank god for manageable payment options for adoption - there should be alot more of those available.