Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My Toosdee

So I'm sitting here at my computer, finally having a day where I can get some of my massage work done. Yay!

The show went up this weekend. For all of you who haven't seen the link, here is the show information: http://whitecatproductions.org/#CurrentShow

Opening went well. The show got mixed reviews that ran the gamut. The talkback was very interesting, the show definitely brings up issues for many people. Come check it out if you can. Had a nice little run-in with the sidewalk opening night. It came up and bit my ankle. Who knows if the vodka had anything to do with it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Anyway, it's feeling much better now. Saturdays shows just a little more swagger from Ruth than normal. It became a "drunk thing".

Saw Ly's show again last night, and it re-affirmed everything I'd thought. He made me cry again. It's truly a great role for him.

Sunday was spent lounging, watching movies, adjusting my attitude, and getting some exercise in many senses of the word. I had been around women all week, it was time for some batter up action. Oh we also saw Howl's Moving Castle. Oh my God! I highly recommend it to everyone. I am becoming such a Miyazaki fan. Ly cooked jerk chicken on a bed of greens and sweet potatoes. Le yum! And for the most fattening delightful finish, we had Ben and Jerry's Dublin Mudslide with half and half drizzled over it.

4 comments:

Missuz J said...

What an amazing weekend. I'm off to read the reviews of your show.

Kodi said...

How envious I am that you are doing the things that I dreamed of as a teenager. How cool is that.
The dinner Ly made sounds delish, and god how I love ice cream. I'll be over next weekend for some chicken, ice cream, and vodka shots. Then I'll see your play. Ahhh, I wish.

amandak said...

Ooh, I wanna see "Howl's Moving Castle"!! May have to brave the evil video store for that one. I saw part of "My Neighbor Totoro" (I think that's what it's called?) the other day on Disney Channel and it looked REALLY cute too.

Yay for chicken and ice cream!!!

Miss Kris said...

we are going to see The Swan tomorrow night! I'm going to try my best to come see your show, also.