Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The only thing that is constant

is change. And today is a big day of that. I quit Atlas theater today, and I also gave notice at Brian Utting. I'm feeling quite relieved actually. I feel as though I've cleared a big space in my life to get focused, redirected, and sure about what I want to create. It's still scary though.

Other little tidbits include:

1. Despite rave reviews, well-attended houses, and audience enjoyment of the shows, we will NOT be extending Memory of Water. That's all I care to say about it here. If you have more specific questions, please email me.

2. Mandy's visit was nice. Things didn't turn out how I wanted or expected, but I suspect they turned out how they were supposed to. Sorry to be so vague, I'm just not sure I'm currently in a place to post about it yet. It was nice to see you Mandy, I hope that you got a little of what you needed on this trip. I love you.

3. The hound and I haven't seen hide nor hair of each other in many days, relatively speaking. l can't wait until Thanksgiving, which will be our first real day off together. Hi honey, I love you!

4. I'm feeling quite calm and collected about everything today. I suspect this is a good thing. Even if it isn't, I'm going to go on as if it is a good thing.

More to come later.

4 comments:

the beige one said...

ah, nothing like cutting off one's nose.

amandak said...

Hey sweetie, I'm so sorry things didn't turn out like you wanted, they didn't turn out like I wanted either. I am grateful and happy for the time we did have together, and I love you tons.

Wow, quitting Atlas and BU in one day, impressive. It was time, on both counts.

Stine said...

Beige, you said it man...you said it.

Mandy, I'm grateful for the time we had as well.

hazel said...

I'm glad you're feeling relieved. quitting is so scary before you do it and liberating after.